Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder WebinarPrint This Post
Autism is the fastest growing disorder in America. (CDC, 2014) The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that all children be screened for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) at 18 and 24 months of age, but for many children it is not diagnosed until 3 to 5 years of age or later. This session helps you to understand the basics of ASD and brain development and to recognize the role of early detection as key to enhancing a child’s potential to lead a productive, inclusive, and fulfilling life.
Shaneshia Roberson is a Professional Development Specialist at Sheltering Arms Early Education and Family Centers in Atlanta, and co-leader of Better Brains for Babies.
This 60-minute webinar is intended for professionals who work with or care for young children, as well as professionals who support families with young children.
This is an introductory-level webinar. It is intended for professionals who are just learning about Autism Spectrum Disorder and brain development, or who want a review of basic concepts.
How to Attend the Webinar:
- The webinar will take place on Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
- To join the session, go to us.bbcollab.com/guest. No registration is required.
- The session starts Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 11:00 am Eastern, and ends at 12:00 pm. You may join the session up to 60 minutes early.
- Technical Support is available at 877-382-2293. If you are logged into the session room and having technical difficulties, there is a Report an Issue button under the Session menu that will generate an email directly from the session.
- A certificate of attendance will be emailed to interested participants who attend the entire webinar live and complete a request for a certificate within 24 hours of completing the webinar. Instructions for requesting certificates will be provided at the end of the webinar for those who have attended the entire session.
- A recording of the web conference and copies of the presentation slides will be available on the BBB Webinars page few days after the session.
We look forward to seeing you online.