Position Announcement—Assistant Chief Financial OfficerPrint This Post
Job Title: Assistant Chief Financial Officer
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Georgia Family Connection Partnership (GaFCP) supports the work of Georgia Family Connection—the only statewide network of its kind in the country. We bring together more than 3,000 local- and state-level partners in all 159 counties in Georgia working toward measurably better outcomes for our children, families, and communities.
We provide expertise in planning and governance, and by administering the state-appropriated funds for the county Collaboratives. We also set standards of excellence and help Collaboratives evaluate their progress in addressing the challenges in their communities by bringing together:
- representatives and leaders from state agencies;
- civic groups, local businesses, and faith communities;
- elected officials; and
- concerned citizens.
The state’s designated KIDS COUNT grantee, we also provide state agencies, policymakers and community leaders with current, reliable data they need to inform decisions about improving outcomes for the children, families, and communities they serve.
Working under direct supervision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the assistant CFO manages all GAFCP financial operations in compliance with GaFCP policies, written protocols, and funder requirements. The assistant CFO works closely with the appropriate staff to ensure that all financial procedures and policies align with contractual agreements and funder intent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The assistant CFO must be proficient in processing accounts payable, preparing month end closing journal entries, tracking and reporting restricted funds, and reconciling bank accounts.
The assistant CFO assists the CFO in preparing annual budget projections, ongoing budget analysis and reporting, budget amendments as necessary, and reports for management and the GaFCP Board of Directors.
The assistant CFO maintains financial records, assists in preparing reports and in the annual audit process performed by an independent auditor.
The assistant CFO also performs other necessary duties as assigned by the CFO.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Experience working with budgets, including developing reports and presentations of financial information
- Experience setting up systems for proposal tracking and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop team members
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Proficient in Blackbaud Financial Edge
- Demonstrated diplomacy, sound judgment, and discretion when dealing with staff, partners, and the general public.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and four years of successful experience in a nonprofit environment. Master’s degree or CPA license is preferred.
- Expected to meet strict deadlines and respond to management in an extremely short timeframe
- Requires flexibility in work hours and duties to meet strict deadlines
- Must work collaboratively with others
- Requires continual mental concentration and attention to details
- Requires day-to-day decision-making based on protocols and precedent
To apply for this position, send a cover letter and résumé in an email to Carlisa Beal at [email protected], subject: Assistant Chief Financial Officer.
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. We will contact those in whom we have an interest.
GaFCP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.