Position Announcement—Community Support Specialist for Region 7Print This Post
Position Announcement: Community Support Specialist for Region 7
Reports to: Director of Community Support
Department: Community Support Team
The community support specialist provides technical assistance (TA), training, mentoring and coaching to Georgia Family Connection Collaboratives to further the purpose of improving conditions and prospects of families in Georgia. This work requires involvement at the county, regional, and state-levels.
The successful candidate must live in, or contiguous to, the 14-county area around Augusta known as Region 7.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as primary point of contact for Collaboratives by county, region, cohort, and statewide initiatives.
- Brokers and provides TA and training to Georgia Family Connection county Collaboratives in support of the Georgia Family Connection Partnership (GaFCP) model of improved outcomes for children and families through collaboration. Areas include:
- community assessment;
- use and interpretation of data;
- strategy development, implementation, and sustainability;
- measurement and communication of results;
- Collaborative governance and infrastructure;
- family and partner engagement;
- administration and operation;
- completion and submission of assessments, plans, and reports; and
- special projects, including, but not limited to, cohorts and statewide initiatives.
- Supports Peer-to-Peer networks.
- Participates in the process of reviewing and revising plans, reports, and assessments that Collaboratives submit.
- Maintains records related to TA requested and provided.
- Co-develops and participates in organizational trainings and staff development opportunities in an effort to provide coordinated, consistent TA to Collaboratives.
- Participates in developing TA and training tools and report requirements, appropriately integrating suggestions from Collaborative coordinators, and GaFCP partners and staff.
- Participates in organizational meetings, workgroups, etc., to support the organization’s purpose and strategic plan.
- Represents the organization in a positive way by maintaining high-quality internal and external relationships.
- Manages organizational resources in an effective, efficient, and creative manner.
- Maintains a high level of personal accountability.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic strategic-planning concepts, as applied to communities and organizations, including assessment, priority and goal-setting, and strategy development.
- Knowledge of basic Collaborative development and implementation concepts.
- Knowledge of and strong experience using Microsoft Office; ability to learn and willingness to adapt to new technology solutions.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative setting.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and follow through on multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to adapt to change, be open to new ideas, take on new responsibilities, handle pressure effectively, and maintain flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of the organization and network.
- Ability to work with others to creatively solve problems, and to recognize and take advantage of new opportunities.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of related experience required, six to eight years of related experience preferred.
This position requires extensive travel within, and moderate travel outside, the assigned region. Reliable transportation and the ability to travel and work non-traditional hours at times is required. The work is primarily in an office environment. The work requires the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. The work requires the community support specialist to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
The community support specialist is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions as the work is done mostly in an office environment.
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of the community support specialist.
Submit your resume and cover letter via email to [email protected]. Include the position title in the subject line. This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. We will contact those in whom we have an interest.
Georgia Family Connection Partnership is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.