GaDOE to Host Book Drive for Students at City of Refuge to Support “With a Servant’s Heart”Print This Post
Gov. Nathan Deal and First Lady Sandra Deal are asking Georgians to join them in “With a Servant’s Heart,” this Saturday, Jan. 10, a statewide day of service. There are two event locations in the metro Atlanta area—City of Refuge and Drew Charter School.
The Georgia Dept. of Education is supporting this call to service by hosting a book drive for children at City of Refuge. Please consider making a donation of one or more new, unused children’s books. Donations can be dropped off in the GADOE’s Communications Office, or at Regional Educational Service Agencies (RESAs) throughout the state. Addresses for drop-off locations can be found at the end of this release.
The GaDOE encourages all Georgians to participate in this day of service. If you would like to participate further in “With a Servant’s Heart,” you can find the details here.
“Serving others and giving back to our communities is very important to me,” said State School Superintendent-elect Richard Woods. “This book drive reinforces my commitment to literacy. I encourage all Georgians to join with us this week by donating new books for our kids.”
- GaDOE Communications: 2062 Twin Towers East, 205 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive SE, Atlanta
- CSRA RESA: 4683 Augusta Highway SE, Dearing
- Chattahoochee-Flint RESA: 121 East College Street, Ellaville
- Coastal Plains RESA: 245 N. Robinson Street, Lenox
- First District RESA: 201 West Lee Street, Brooklet
- Griffin RESA: 440 Tilney Avenue, Griffin
- Heart of Georgia RESA: 1141 Cochran Highway, Eastman
- Metro RESA: 1870 Teasley Drive, Smyrna
- Middle Georgia RESA: 80 Cohen Walker Drive, Warner Robins
- North Georgia RESA: 4731 Old Highway 5 South, Ellijay
- Northeast Georgia RESA: 375 Winter Street, Winterville
- Northwest Georgia RESA: 3167 Cedartown Hwy SE, Rome
- Oconee RESA: 206 South Main Street, Tennille
- Okefenokee RESA: 1450 N. Augusta Avenue, Waycross
- Pioneer RESA: 1342 Highway 254, Cleveland
- Southwest Georgia RESA: 570 Martin Luther King Road, Camilla
- West Georgia RESA: 99 Brown School Drive, Grantville
GaFCP Communications Director